Driving Minnesota

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lightning Crashes

The sky was pretty dark all day yesterday here in the Minneapolis area. When I left work a little before 5pm yesterday evening it was sprinkling very lightly. As soon as I got onto Hwy 169 it was downpouring. The road was harly visiable and people were already driving like idiots because of the rain.

I can't tell you how many vehicles I saw without headlights on. I don't know about you, but normally this isn't such a big issue with me. But when you can barely see the lines on the road and your wind shield wipers cannot keep up with the extreme amount of rain, it is very important that everyone on the road has their headlights on. I nearly rear-ended a piece-of-crap grey/blue Ford Taurus because the guy didn't have his headlights on. His car blended into the road so well, due to the rain, that by the time I saw him, it was nearly too late to stop.

Later in my drive, while sitting at a stop light in the Hwy 100 construction zone, a bolt of lightning hit so close that it hurt. I literally felt it in my heart. I don't know if it had just startled me of if it was some sort of shock (doubtful), but it physically hurt. When the bolt hit, I saw nothing but white outside of my car. It was amazing!

Tip of the Day: Turn on your headlights when it is raining so I don't rear-end you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home